LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I modify the Arduino sketch ‘LIFA_Base.pde’ to include some motor control

Hi there,

I am new to Labview and Arduino. I have two Inertial Measurement Unit sensors and I wish to send the readings to a PC via Bluetooth. I read that I can perform this using the LIFA. Can I modify the Arduino sketch ‘LIFA_Base.pde’ to include some motor control? I wish to use the readings earlier to control the motor to move different directions. At the same time, I wish the readings can be sent continuously to the PC wirelessly?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,349 Views)

The newest LIFA_Base.pde has motor controls. The issue that I see is that the VIs are designed to be connected to the Arduino through serial.

You could have an Arduino connected to the computer and another Arduino connected to the motors. Each Arduino is equipped with Bluetooth to create the wireless connection.

Alternatively, and probably easier... create your own case in the LabVIEWInterface.pde to handle Bluetooth commands from the computer. In this case, you would only need one Arduino with Bluetooth (connected to the motors). *Assuming your computer has Bluetooth and you can send Bluetooth commands.

It is hard to give suggestions without knowing the whole system. Hope this helps.

Edit: Also, you should upload your Arduino (LIFA) related questions to the LIFA Board: https://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/labview-interface-for-arduino

CLD Certified 2014
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,278 Views)