LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I log SXCI analogues via a DAQ card directly through DSC tools to TAGs using existing MAX setup ?

Being new to Labview and extremely new to DSC. I am experimenting with Logging 96 existing SCXI-1120 channels multiplexed through a PCXI-MIO-16-E DAQ Card. I have failed so far using the NationalInstruments.DaqOPC server and the associated MAX set-up. Do I have to use the Analogue Acuisition VIs and assign to TAGs or is there a DSC method to log straight from DAQ card ?

The error from the Server Browser is 'No Items Found -OPC server does not support Address Spaced Browser'
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,739 Views)

What you have been trying to do is the right way of logging data in DSC -- you browse your Server (DAQOPC in this case), generate Items and hence Tags. Log these Tags with appropriate deadbands.

You may want to get in touch with NI's Technical Support to resolve the DAQOPC problem.

You could theoretically use direct VIs and then write data to Memory Tags and log these, but this is not the right way of doing things, and will be very cumbersome.

Rgds,

Khalid

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,739 Views)
Here is my question: my hardware: DAQCARD-1200;SCXI-1001;SCXI-1120;SCXI-1320,I can not use the example vi in help documents to measure temperature with K thermocouple.The hardware is factory default.The high limit is 0.005,the low one is -0.005,I don't get the proper results.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,736 Views)