LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I enable and disable the system speaker under program control

Can I enable and disable the system speaker under program control?

I'm using LabVIEW 2010.

The PC is running Windows XP Pro.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,750 Views)

Your question isn't really specific to LabVIEW, as the same exact question can be asked for any programming language. Which speaker are you referring to? Are you talking about a speaker that's built into the computer that might beep when you turn on the computer? Are you referring to external speakers? If you're referring to the built-in speaker, I know of no way to turn that off from the operating system. You could record a silent sound, save it as a .wav file and associate it with the sounds that make the beep. Or, you could always yank it out.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,737 Views)

Thank you for the replay.

Yes I"m talking about the speaker in the P.C., most of the the time I keep them muted. But for a new test I'm writing I need to wake up the operator and get him to stop texting and do something in a timely manner. So I was hopping I could un-mute the speaker and play them a song and then re-mute the speaker.

TeBlues

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,729 Views)

Hi TeBlues,

You can call winmm.dll file with SetVolume function.

Then you can mute or unmute the speaker.

Best of luck Smiley Wink

Gaurav k
CLD Certified !!!!!
Do not forget to Mark solution and to give Kudo if problem is solved.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,701 Views)

A song???  I wouldn't exactly play them a "song" if you get my drift... 😄

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,672 Views)