LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I do this Solidworks simulation with the SoftMotion module?

Hi,

I searching for a way to simulate a motor control loop on a SolidWorks model.

All I would need is some position feedback from the Solidworks model into labVIEW, and motor force control from labVIEW to Solidworks.

Is that possible?

I know that you can define postions in Solidwork that would trigger something in labVIEW. But I would need a variable that indicates the postion of some moving part (e.g. the position between two predefined points). I also know that you can define motion profiles using labVIEW. But I would need the possibility to control the force that a motor is generating (or torque). Or alternatively controlling the force on some lineair moving part.

Note that I posted an equivalent question on this labVIEW forum but on the wrong board. The hardware motion board. And I'm talking about a complete software simulation. Sorry for this.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,205 Views)

Dear Melomania,

Please find here  here  the getting started guide for NI softmotion and solid works,

Best regards,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,183 Views)

Thanks for the information.

Unfortunately it is still not clear to me.

Is the block diagram in figure 6 fixed? Or can I use my own control configuration?

In this diagram there is an encoder feedback. But I can not find any information in the document how this relates to the SolidWorks model.

Is this feedback really possible?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,174 Views)