LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I change the Controls labels & messages into a different language in user interface.

Hi,

I am working on China based project and they want to switch the UI controls and indicator’s labels, 

menu or selection control and messages into two different language i.e. English or *****.

Please let me know is this possible using labview programming. This will be very helpfull for me if we can do using labview.

Regards,

Srikant

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,999 Views)

Yes and no. Yes you can do it, no you can't do it automatically. You have to write your code to be configurable in this way.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,996 Views)

You cannot change the labels of controls and indicators at runtime, but you can change the captions. And you cannot change the captions of strict type defs.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,986 Views)

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply.

How can i write the code. I am not aware about the fucntions which can use in coding. Could you please send some example code.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

srikant

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,973 Views)

Hi Munna,

Actually I want to change the language of labels i.e from english to other language like chineese 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,963 Views)

Check it in your PC, whether you can display ***** Characters for the Captions/Labels.

For control text we can’t change Language directly so, we need to create two Language Texts for each Controller/Indicator. Based on user request we need to update Caption Language.

As per below snippet,

Just I wrote, ***** & English (because I can't write ***** characters on my FP). In your case you need pass ***** & English text separately.

sample Text.png

Munna
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,952 Views)

Also, you can't programattically change labels. You can however change the captions with property nodes.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,931 Views)