From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I automatically toggle between t/f in a loop based on a timer?

Instead of the user manually toggling back and forth between true and false, I would like the code to do it automatically based on a timer.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,814 Views)

You can use a local variable to write the value to a front panel control...take a look at the LabVIEW Help for more information about local variables.  And if you don't want the user to toggle the value, you can just get rid of the front panel control, do the logic on your diagram, and use the output of your logic code to control the boolean value instead of a front panel control.

-D

P.S. - If you still need help, it's always good to post a sample VI that helps illustrate the problem you're having.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,812 Views)

I am attaching a VI which shows how to use a shift-regsiter with an inverter to toggle programmatically.  I also added a check-box to select if the input is coming from a User versus Auto. 

Hope this gives you some ideas. 

-Khalid

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,804 Views)