From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I align the orientation of axis labels in a graph generated with the report generation toolkit (Word)?

I was wondering how to align the axis labels, i.e. 90 degree or such when creating a graph with the report generation toolkit in word.
I can do it after the document is created through Format axis title -> alignment but is there a way out of LabVIEW?
I'd especially like to rotate the y-axis label by 90 degrees.

Thanks a lot,
Juergen
Message 1 of 5
(3,021 Views)
Since report generation graphics simply take a snapshot of the front panel, your best bet is to use the label orientation tool in the graph itself. (I'm assuming you're using the waveform graph or chart) It's in the format axis configuration, or you can use a property node to do this.

Eric
Eric P. Nichols
P.O. Box 56235
North Pole, AK 99705
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,021 Views)

Hi

I have precisely the same problem. I want to rotate the Y axis 90º in a graph made with the report generation toolkit in word. Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,

Antonio

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,666 Views)

JuergenS wrote:
[...]I can do it after the document is created through Format axis title -> alignment but is there a way out of LabVIEW?[...]

Juergen,

are doing this in Word or in LabVIEW? As i understand your statement, i take it as: Word.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,654 Views)

I think he means he can modify it by hand after the report has been generated... But what I want to do is generate the word graph out of labview already with the rotated axis label...

After I posted this I found out that we can do this with a macro and use it from labview, but unfortunately I don't know VB, or VBA... 😞

Like this:

macro.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,650 Views)