LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I add a color to history

Is there any way to add a color to the History (see screenshot)?

Add color to history.png

When a colorbox control is changed manually the colors are automatically added here, but if I change the control via a local variable or property node, the colors do not get added. Therefore, is there some other way to manually add colors to this selection?

Thanks,

Shaun

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,081 Views)

Check the LabVIEW.in file for enties of the form

colorHistoryItemA

THis is where the custm collors are saved.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,075 Views)

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the suggestion - it seems to be a good start, but unfortunately changes to the the INI file only seem to appear when LabVIEW restarts, and I'm looking for something that I can do within my application...  The search continues! 🙂

Shaun

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,065 Views)

@shew82 wrote:

The search continues! 🙂

Did you ever find anything?

Even writing those colorHistoryItemX keys with LabVIEW's internal config functions doesn't make the controls use them.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(1,412 Views)

I found this: LabVIEW 20xx\resource\dialog\lvconfig.llb\LV Config Write Color.vi

Tags "colorHistoryItemA" through "colorHistoryItemK" seem to be applicable.

Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't.  Haven't figured out why.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(1,390 Views)

@paul_cardinale wrote:

I found this: LabVIEW 20xx\resource\dialog\lvconfig.llb\LV Config Write Color.vi

That's simply another wrapper to CfgWrite. It has the exact same effect as writing a number converted to hex as a string with LV Config Write String.vi.

@paul_cardinale wrote:

They are, but they seem to be loaded into a state at start, and (at least usually) the state is stored over manual changes.  

@paul_cardinale wrote:

Do you mean you ever seen a value set to colorHistoryItemA work without restarting LabVIEW?

This might work if for instance no color control was loaded. But this would be completely unpractical.

I've written my own color dialog, yet again... At least now I can make it exactly how the customer wants it.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(1,368 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@paul_cardinale wrote:

That's simply another wrapper to CfgWrite. It has the exact same effect as writing a number converted to hex as a string with LV Config Write String.vi.

@paul_cardinale wrote:

They are, but they seem to be loaded into a state at start, and (at least usually) the state is stored over manual changes.  

@paul_cardinale wrote:

Do you mean you ever seen a value set to colorHistoryItemA work without restarting LabVIEW?

No.  I had thought so, but it turned out I was fooling myself.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(1,363 Views)

I made this a long time ago.

Message 8 of 9
(1,358 Views)

@paul_cardinale wrote:

I made this a long time ago.

Mine is a lot simpler, because my customer actually wants it simple.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(1,314 Views)