From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Communication lag

Hello Gerdw,

Please find attached the the part of code which is reading data.I can not share the log files which I have taken as logs contains data that is confidential.

Thanks in advance 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(537 Views)

Hi prajakta,

• doing file operations, especially writing XLSX files, will slow down your main loop: use a consumer-producer scheme to decouple the process "CAN read" from "write data to file"…
  • at 250kBaud you should receive less than ~2000 messages per second: the producer-consumer should handle that very well…
  • when checking the ID you don't need to convert to a string. Just use an AND function to mask some bits and compare with an I32 value!
  • don't use ExpressVIs for writng files, use plain file functions to improve execution speed…
  • using a device driver with an enum item "standart" looks very suspicious to me…
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 12 of 14
(531 Views)

Thanks for Quick Reply 🙂

I will try to implement the consumer producer scheme for CAN read.

I used the express VI for creating binary files (.tdms) whose writing speed is much higher than normal .xlsx file.Though I will implement basic File I/O operations to improve speed.

Enum 'standart' will select message type for CAN communication standard/extended.

Thank you so much again 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(521 Views)

Hello Prajatka,

Do you also have the other VI files of you CAN_Read.vi namely PCAN_INIT.vi and PCAN_READ.vi, PCAN_CLOSE.vi ? If so, can you please upload them here so I can start testing your main CAN_Read.vi ? Thanks! Mihai.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(400 Views)