LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can BACnet points be written or read with Labview?

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum, and to Labview.  My wife has some experience with Labview, but not enough to answer my questions, so she referred me to this forum. I'll get right to the point:

My company installs and programs laboratory airflow control systems. 

We have a potential client that is interested in one of our products (which communicates via BACnet), and wants to be able to "see" the system "points" on their current Labview interface.  I've downloaded a trial version of Labview 10, but really don't know where to begin with attempting the import of BACnet points into a Labview GUI.

My current hardware includes: 

1. A laboratory airflow controller which communicates natively via BACnet

2. A MS/TP to BACnet/IP router which serves as the "adapter" between the airflow controller and the ethernet port on my computer

3. My computer, which has a myriad of software installed (including SCADAEngine which serves as an OCP server) and Labview.

Basically all I want to be able to do is import the airflow values from my controller (which are communicated via BACnet over IP)  into the display of Labview.  It might also be nice to "command" the flows, but I don't want to run before I crawl.

Is my proposition even possible?  Do I have the necessary software to accomplish this? 

Thanks in advance for any help.

Keith

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(7,564 Views)

I'm probably going out on a limb here, but I'll take a shot at this. Since you have an OPC server, you'd basically need to develop an OPC client in LabVIEW. There are 2 ways to do this:

• LabVIEW DataSocket (built-in): This allows you to connect to the OPC server and read information. I don't believe it will allow you to configure settings, though.
  • LabVIEW DSC Module (buy): This is a more full-fledged system and may actually be a better solution for you. You can find out more here: http://www.ni.com/labview/labviewdsc/
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(7,558 Views)

Dear Keith,

If you are looking BACnet points be written or read with Labview. I can help you in this regard.

I have developed BACnet protocol toolkit in the labview. which are communicated via BACnet over IP to IP, Ethernet and MSTP devices.

My mail ID is dj19pawar@gmail.com

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(7,369 Views)

I am interested in this toolkit. How can i get it?

Thanks for you help.

(muller_urs@yahoo.de

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(7,005 Views)

i am interested in this toolkit as well

steve

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(6,763 Views)

I am also interested in this tool kit, please help!

vietbang6ATgmailDOTcom

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(6,484 Views)

@BangD wrote:

I am also interested in this tool kit, please help!

vietbang6ATgmailDOTcom

Thanks!

For goodness sakes, EMAIL him. Don't expect him to email you.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(6,473 Views)

Dear All, tool for developing MS/TP BACnet Smart Sensor will be available at LabVIEW Tools Network soon.

Message 8 of 14
(6,308 Views)

Below please find the toolkit link that Arman has mentioned.

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/213120

Message 9 of 14
(6,077 Views)

Hello, I am interested in this toolkit. How can i get it?

My Email ID :- mihir.mahajan@sprylogic.com

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(5,354 Views)