LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera configuration FlexRIO 7975R & 1483 module

Hi, I'm new user of Labview. I'm working with a Flex RIO card, the PXie 7975R and the adapter module NI 1483. I have a Sensor Unlimited (GL2048L) line scan camera plug on the NI 1483.

Form my understanding, when using a FlexRio card, I have to VI (on the host or the FPGA) to configurethe settings of my camera. The 1-Tap 10bits from the NI example provide a Serial Server to communicate with the camera. I designed A TCP client to be able to talk to my camera from the host. I'm able to send the command I want but I'm not receving anything from my camera. I tested the camera and It's working fine.  Here are the command I'm sending which are simple: (http://wasatchdevices.com/cobra-camera-link-commands/#20)

init
lsc 0
gain 100
offset 0
int 90
ltm 100
lsc 1

The VIs using are attached. (Test_serial NI1483 is the Host) .  TCP server and TCP client  are working together.

Is there anything I'm soing wrong?

Can someone explain me how the Serial Server vi provided in the 1 Tap 10 bits example works?

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,441 Views)

Hi Mikeki,

I have a few questions after reading your post.

1. You said you tested the camera, how did you go about testing it?

2. Do you have a real-time or Windows OS controller for this PXIe chassis?

3. Have you made any changes to the 1 Tap 10 bit example? If so what are they?

4. For my own curiousity. Why did you choose the FlexRIO as the hardware necessary for this project?

----

Aaron F.

National Instruments

Applications Engineering

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,360 Views)