Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling several instances of a DLL

Solved!
Go to solution

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@JÞB wrote:

You should include information about how the device communicates.  You may include the statement that "Some Other Idiot" (SOI) has failed to provide a suitable API and you need to program a new driver in spite of SOI's poor effort. 

I agree. If a programmer fails to see that an interface to 1 device would benefit from an interface to n devices, I'd seriously doubt the quality of everything else from that source.

If I could reasonably make a pure LV driver in a few days, I'd do that and be over with the dll. 

My point exactly!

"Anyone that duplicates an existing hammer to drive in each screw has a few screws loose."  

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(370 Views)

We have the source code of both DLLs, but no support from the team who developed it.

We decided to implement the functions from the DLLs directly in LabVIEW, so we can adapt it to our requirements.
In addition, it would allow us to switch to LabVIEW 64 bit (DLLs were 32 bit only).

Thank you for your help!

Message 12 of 13
(352 Views)

@Romain.P wrote:

We have the source code of both DLLs, but no support from the team who developed it.

We decided to implement the functions from the DLLs directly in LabVIEW, so we can adapt it to our requirements.
In addition, it would allow us to switch to LabVIEW 64 bit (DLLs were 32 bit only).

That's even better! 😀 You forgot to mention that. If you run into trouble with DLLs and you have the source code (or a good documentation what it actually does) available it is almost always easier to reimplement it in LabVIEW than trying to work around trouble with the DLL itself.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 13 of 13
(346 Views)