LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling .net with a license

Hi,

I'm curious if anyone has any experience calling licensed .net libraries from LabVIEW. I'm investigating wrapping one at the minute but they say in Visual Studio you have to embed a license file as an "embedded resource".

From what I can tell this creates it as a file within the built application which can be accessed with a special API. I'm guessing this means they won't work in LabVIEW?

Cheers,

James

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
My writings on LabVIEW Development are at devs.wiresmithtech.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,118 Views)

@James_McN wrote:

Hi,

I'm curious if anyone has any experience calling licensed .net libraries from LabVIEW. I'm investigating wrapping one at the minute but they say in Visual Studio you have to embed a license file as an "embedded resource".

From what I can tell this creates it as a file within the built application which can be accessed with a special API. I'm guessing this means they won't work in LabVIEW?

What sort of license is this? Embedding a license file in the executable is kind of strange. Even if it is a library that is licensed with a development license that you need to purchase as application developer to include with your application it's kind of hard to believe that someone would do this in such a way, as others could simply extract this resource and add it to their own to steal the license.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,078 Views)