From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling a LabVIEW DLL from Delphi

I have created a DLL in LabVIEW 7.1.1 which communicates over seriel line with a tester. This DLL is an interface of a "device driver" which is used in an LV app successfully. This driver is built as Active-X server and DLL. I have created example programs in LV, Visual Basic and Visual C++ single thread and multi threaded. All those examples work fine. For the DLL version I have used the delay load feature of MS Visual Studio.

One of my customers is programming in Delphi and he get an error whenever he is starting his application. It seems the error occurs during loading the DLL. He can ignore the error and the DLL is working fine afterwards.

What must I change or my customer change within his Delphi project to avoid this error? Is there a similar project setting as the delay load feature in MS Visual Studio?
Waldemar

Using 7.1.1, 8.5.1, 8.6.1, 2009 on XP and RT
Don't forget to give Kudos to good answers and/or questions
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,536 Views)
I don't think it helps you a lot, but I have just the other week delivered a LV prototype dll to my customer. They are using it in Delphi.
One important thing is that your customer needs to have the correct runtime engine installed, in this case 7.1.1.

I've heard no complaints about loading delays, but I would have to check. They did complain (small bug) about the close function, so I know they tested it.

I used LV 8.5 by the way.

Message Edited by andre.buurman@carya on 05-19-2008 10:53 PM
Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,533 Views)

Hello André,

I don't know If the customer has the really exact runtime. He downloaded it by himself and it maybe 7.1 or 7.1.1. I didn't checked if both are available in the download area.

The only additional information I have is that he is using Delphi 7.0 build 4.453 and I have a screen shot from the window which is poping up. The window shows the disassembled code, CPU registers, the stack(?) and something like a memory dump.

Waldemar

Using 7.1.1, 8.5.1, 8.6.1, 2009 on XP and RT
Don't forget to give Kudos to good answers and/or questions
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,518 Views)
I'm sorry that I cannot be of more help. Maybe Delphi fora are the best source of information for a Delphi problem. It seems to be a Delphi problem when you are able to use the DLL in multiple languages without any problem.
Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,503 Views)