LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling Subvi

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all.. Please help me to solve the issue.

1. I am having a doubt on calling the main program as a subvi (looking for,when user click the button load the front panel of a main pgm). Which is the best method?

a.Call as a  vi ref method. (Dynamic Load)

b.Placing it on TOP vi and enable subvi option show front panel when call.

Waiting for reply..

Thanks in Advance.

---
Silver_Shaper | CLD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,146 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Silver_Shaper

If you don't know why you want to call the VI dynamically then b is probably your best choice. It is much simpler. The only reason to load a VI dynamically is if you might never need it in memory. I am sure someone else will chime in on other reasons to load a VI dynamically.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

Message 2 of 3
(2,130 Views)

@Steve Chandler wrote:

If you don't know why you want to call the VI dynamically then b is probably your best choice. It is much simpler. The only reason to load a VI dynamically is if you might never need it in memory. I am sure someone else will chime in on other reasons to load a VI dynamically.

1. You create a generic splash screen
  2. You have a generic application initialization function.
  3. You are using a plugin architecture.
  4. You provide the user with a selection of applications to run (same idea as plugins)

I'm sure there are other reasons as well.

There is no one answer to your question though. The answer really is it depends. There are good reasons for doing it either eay and each works best under certain circumstances.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,122 Views)