LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling Advantech shared library SUSI4 on a single board computer. Help please!

Solved!
Go to solution

Thanks rolfk.

I think I'm finding that. Although the wizard has created vis from all the functions, when I try to use one I'm getting a mismatch of calling conventions. So that's me, back at square one again. The real problem I have is that the only way to address the hardware is to use their dll but I have NO KNOWLEDGE of C. It might as well be Greek for all the use I can make of it. I simply to not have the time, nor the inclination to learn C from scratch, in order to use a shared library. 😞

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(555 Views)

@ASH2020 wrote:

Hi Jeneni,

Just a final thought. When using the call dll function, where does it reference the header file? 

It doesn't! The header file is only a (very limited) description of the function interface that you need in order to deduce what the function name is and what parameters it accepts. From that you create (configure) the Call Library Node and once that is done correctly the Call Library Node configuration is all that LabVIEW needs to call the function correctly.

The problem is that C is by no means a managed environment and the C syntax never was meant to describe more than a very basic datatype concept, so there are many ways how memory can be allocated, used and deallocated and if caller and callee don't agree exactly on how to do that, very bad things will happen.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 12 of 13
(552 Views)

hi guys,

I have a problem with gpio control. because I dont know how to control with dll on labview.

can you give me sample code?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(335 Views)