LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call librairy function node : Cannot change the dll, by a newer one

Hello,

i spent a long time searching some answers on the forum, without succes.

We have a teststand Test, using VIs (Wrappers of dll function) . The programmers have created a newer version of that dll, that i have to implemente into the test. The dll is safe, and already used on another teststand project.

The problem is that i cannot replace the older dll by the new one. The wrapper says it cannot find the dll. More than 20 VIs use that dll.

I have tried on another computer and it's OK, but not on the bench Computer.

I've already tried to specify the path, with the new path, or an empty path in order to unload the dll, and no succes. There must be some dependencies i don't find, (and i tryed to find with Dependency walker).

Here one VI and the dll (no trouble with the vxlapi.dll : it is on the bench computer)

take care

Labview 2009

Teststand 4.2

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,139 Views)

I have not tried this but it might give you some hope.

Try renaming the old dll with LabVIEW closed.  Opening the wrapper vi's after that should cause a missing dependancy and LabVIEW will prompt you to locate the missing dll.  Ignore the missing dll and you sould be able to re-configure the CLFNs.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,130 Views)

ty for the response

But i' ve already tried this, without success. I have dealt with lots of trouble with dll and Labview, but this one is very singular. The CLFN doesn't accept another dll, neither by specifying only the dll name, nor by checking the specify mark and add the path. Same thing with unload al modules in teststand.

The stranger thing is that there's no problem on 5 others computers, usign the same test : i can change the dlls as i  want.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,126 Views)

Hi Lazaridus,

what happens if you try to create a blanc VI, place a CLFN from the palette and configure it to load the dll? Is the arrow broken?

And if you replace a CLFN from your program with a new one?

thank you,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,112 Views)