LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call an external executable through system exec.vi. Problems:

I have a executable (Fortran i think). I am using System exec.vi to call it and execute. I write a .bat file to configure the execution. It executes fine, but the executable pops up whenever labview calls it. I want to suppress the executable pop-up. Any suggestions ? Do i need to change this in the .bat file or is there any utility in Labview ? Let me know.

Kudos are the best way to say thanks 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,688 Views)
The System Exec has an input called "Run Minimized" which defaults to False. Try making it True!

Yours Sincerely
John
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,687 Views)
It is already True. That minimizes the dos window. But there is another window (The fortran executable) which runs even after I turn the "Run Minimized" to true.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,687 Views)
Hi!

You will need to edit the .bat file or use the "command.com /C" command to close the executable pop-up. Refer to this KnowledgeBase on how to do this.

Hope this helps!

Travis H.
National Instruments
Travis H.
LabVIEW R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,687 Views)
Thanks for your reply. I guess I've not explained the problem properly. I run like 10 iterations, for each iteration a window pops up, some calculation takes place and it closes. This happens for 10 iterations. What I want to do is suppress that window from appearing to the front end user. I want all processes taken place in the background.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,687 Views)

Hi

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,622 Views)