From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call a command out of an array for a sequence test.

Hello Everyone,
I am using a test VCR with serial lanc commands for testing tape. I need to set up a test sequence so that the machine will Rewind,Record,Rewind,Play. I need to do the play and rewind over for a loop of 4 cycles. I am going to chart the RF wave form to check the tape performance. I have set up a case structure to do this by issuing a serial write in each case. This works but it is rather messy. I want to set up a command array and index a certain command at a certain time. I am not sure how to go about this since I am a Newbie. I am using Win2K and lab view 7.1. Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,569 Views)

Hi,

You can use the Get date/time String function to get the current time. Now depending on the time you can index your command array accordingly.

Ankita

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,547 Views)
Hi bh3560

I am trying to control a camcorder using lanc and Labview. Do you mind sharing with me the program that you made and how are you connecting the PC to the VCR?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,454 Views)
Hi JCFR,

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for; but would this be helpful:
DV Camcorder Library for LabVIEW & IMAQ Vision
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,438 Views)

Thank you Adnan,

Actually, I need to use Sony's LANC protocol in order to communicate with the camcorder and not firewire 1394. I would like to see a VI which would generate the protocol. The serial output will be done using NI VISA card.

Thanks

JCFR

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,430 Views)
Hi JCFR,

We don't have native support for LANC. Although, there might be different ways in which you might be able to communicate with the device. Does Sony provide a Software Development Kit (SDK) that has all drivers needed to manipulate (acquire images, change settings, etc.) the camcorder using external software? If the SDK is an ActiveX control or a DLL, you should be able to call it from LabVIEW.
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,421 Views)