LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Library Function Node: library not found or failed to load

Hello,

I had a VI that could not find some of the dll functions it needed.  It works on one machine and not on another.  So foolishly I copied the dll in question from the working machine and pasted it over the one on the non-working machine. 

Now all my math functions are broken on the machine I copied the dll too.  The error is "Call Library Function Node: library not found or failed to load"

And if I try to relink in the VI I get "Error loading C:\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.2\resource\lvanlys.dll" A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed."

I tried a repair labview and that did not help.

I tried uninstall and reinstall labview and that did not help!

Please help me fix this!

Version 8.2

dll: C:\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.2\resource\lvanlys.dll

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,042 Views)

Hello,

When you uinstalled and reinstalled, did you make sure to delete the National Instruments folder?

-Zach

Message Edited by iZACHdx on 02-26-2010 12:23 PM
Message Edited by iZACHdx on 02-26-2010 12:23 PM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,009 Views)

Yes.  I have now uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times!

The first time I just installed over the old one. No fix.

The second time I deleted the resource folder. No fix.

The third time I deleted the entire 8.2 folder. No fix.

Still no luck.  So whatever is causing it must be external to the actual install and folders.

What can be causing this? 

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,000 Views)
Is it possible that the system thinks you're only licensed for the Based edition of LabVIEW? I don't believe the Base edition supports the Advanced Analysis library. You can check your LabVIEW license via the NI License Manager.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,986 Views)

What library did you first copy?

Also lvanlys.dll depends on the Intel Math Kernel Library that gets installed in a different location "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\MKL".

This Intel Math Kernel Library again depends on the Visual C runtime libraries. Most likely you replaced one of those runtime libraries somehow and now the Math Kernel Library (MKL) fails to initialize which causes thelvanlys.dll to fail its load.

Without a good view on your system and what other NI software you have installed it is very hard to recommend a good way of proceeding. There are various versions of the MKL used by various versions of NI products and just deleting the entire MKL folder might get you into trouble with other NI tools.

Deinstalling everything from NI, deleting the entire National Instruments folder and then reinstalling what you need would be the most safe proceeding.

And next time don't just copy some Visual C runtime libraries between machines. Their dependencies are complicated at the least and simply not graspable by us mere mortals. Use the according C runtime installer for the version you need as that installer will take care of installing the right versions of C runtime components and registering everything proberly so you do not usually run into problems with other applications using different versions of the C runtime.

Message Edited by rolfk on 03-01-2010 10:26 AM
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,966 Views)