LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calibration

I have written a vi in LabView, it reads from a strain gauge and is used to measure chocolate bars (this is a second year engineering design assignment). I have to plot a graph of applied weight vs reading as part of the calibration process. I was wondering if it is possible in my vi to take the reading and convert it to the applied weight, if this is possible how do I change my vi to do it?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,385 Views)
For each reading you take you have to provide some mechanism for the operator to enter the weight that was applied to give the measured strain--like a control input. For each reading save the amount of measured strain and the amount of weight applied to give that strain. As long as you are consistent the units you use for weight doesn't matter. It could be ounces, pounds or ISHUs (Internatonal Standard Hershey Units: the weight of a standard 6" Hershey milk-chocolate bar--no almonds).

Once you have this data collected and saved, you can apply the information in my other reply...

Mike...

PS: If this works out for you send me a copy of yor finished report, it sounds cool...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,385 Views)