LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calibrate a loadcell

Hello, 

I am using the NI DAQ USB 6001 and a loadcell. 

I am trying to read voltage values from a loadcell and store it in an excel sheet. I have set up and created a very simple LabVIEW code for that. However, whenever I start the code the voltage values are obviously not zero-ed down. I am trying to find a way to zero down the no-load stage of the setup to read zero in the waveform. I have been told I could average the first 5s of the measurements and use that as my new zero. I have never used LabVIEW before I am not sure how to make that happen. Help Please! 

daq.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,763 Views)

Hi John,

@johng1996 wrote:

I am trying to read voltage values from a loadcell and store it in an excel sheet. I have set up and created a very simple LabVIEW code for that. However, whenever I start the code the voltage values are obviously not zero-ed down. I am trying to find a way to zero down the no-load stage of the setup to read zero in the waveform. I have been told I could average the first 5s of the measurements and use that as my new zero.

Have you ever used a quite simple kitchen scale? It most often has a "Tare" button to "zero" the displayed weight. How does it work? The answer is simple: the current weight is stored internally and subtracted from following measurement results…

How do you store values in LabVIEW loops to be used in later iterations?

How do you subtract values?

@johng1996 wrote:

I have never used LabVIEW before I am not sure how to make that happen. Help Please! 

You get help in those "Training resources", offered in the header of the LabVIEW board. Once you use them you will be able to solve the questions I wrote above!

(I'm teaching you how to catch fish instead of giving you the fish for free…)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 2
(1,736 Views)