LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculation of X,Y,Z values of LED light.

Hallo all,

I have small question regarding computing some parameters having spectrum from spectrometer USB4000.

I get additional drivers (SPAM) to get some parameters from spectrum.

But I don't know which parameter should I use ( which one observer and which one illuminant).

I tried to do the calculation as follows:

-first of all I calculate energy using function processSpectrum - ( but I don't know how can I obtain reference pixels, dark pixels, and sample pixels).

-after this I can calculate CIEColor form computeEmmisiveChromaticity and next get xyxColor.GetX, Y and Z.

Is anybody who can tell me where can I find information which one observers, which one illuminant should I use. And which one function should I use to measure color of LED light source.

Maybe someone know better way to calculate X,Y,Z values having only spectrum form USB4000

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,193 Views)

Is there anybody who can help me??

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,158 Views)

Hi,

As your questions are very specific to the USB4000 device from Ocean Optics, and the drivers developed by them, also very specific to the spectrometry domain, I think you could get precious answers from LabVIEW users who already developed applications using the device.

You can find a very useful conversation at:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Ocean-Optics-USB4000-Spectrometer/td-p/550550 

I am sure they will be more than happy to share their experience with you regarding programming in LabVIEW the Ocean Optics USB 4000 hardware.

Thank you,

Mircea

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,135 Views)