LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculating SNR of a signal being modulated by an optical chopper

Hello everyone,

I am inputing two signals from NI USB-9162, one channel inputs an optical chopper signal (Square wave) and another is the response signal from the sensor. I am looking for a response signal from the sensor with respect to the changing frequency of the optical chopper signal (figure attached). how can i exactly calculate the Noise Equivalent power of this sensor through signal to noise ratio at each modulating frequency ? There are many different ways to calculate NEP on internet but they are really confusing. 

Thank you !

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,016 Views)

You should probably be asking the engineer in charge of the project.  Unless that's you, of course.  What I'm saying is that usually whoever needs the data has ideas about how to obtain it and/or how to calculate it.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,007 Views)

I am looking for more ideas so that i could compare that which one is more efficient.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,003 Views)

Hi Yum,

@Pukhtun_Yum wrote:

I am looking for more ideas so that i could compare that which one is more efficient.

When you already implemented an idea we can usually tell you about the effiency of your implementation…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,001 Views)