LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculate area of an anomalous object

i wanna to calculate the area of an anomalous object , not the bounding box , any idea?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(3,477 Views)
In particle analysis you have "Perimeter" you can use this.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(3,455 Views)
Post an image if you can
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(3,453 Views)

hi,

Wondering if the following link help you to solve your problem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygon

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(3,443 Views)

object.jpg

post the image as above

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(3,422 Views)

Since the picture is black and white, "white pixels/total pixels X picture area" would give you the area of the white objects. You could try the Read BMP.vi (or read jpeg, png) and the Unflatten Pixmap VI to get the 1-bit pixmap which is a 2d array of boolean. Maybe this could work.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(3,409 Views)

Image to array and then count the number of nonzero array elements...that might work.

Hummer1

(if you have a conversion between pixel size and physical size you could then do the math...)

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(3,382 Views)

i used to believe that the above method can only get the total area ,not the area of each object , am i right? 

or first use particle analysis to get the bounding box , then count the nonzero pixels in the bounding ROI?

Message Edited by adobefree@gmail.com on 12-02-2009 08:26 PM
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(3,351 Views)

Hi adobe... (is this your real email address???),

which post are you referring to ("the above method")?

Anyway: what's wrong with counting the pixels of each color? Easiest and probably surely faster than to calc the area based on area border...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,325 Views)

Hi adobe... (is this your real email address???),

Yes exactlly

which post are you referring to ("the above method")?

i was refer to the method that converting a image to a U8 array , then count the nozero pixels number

Anyway: what's wrong with counting the pixels of each color? Easiest and probably surely faster than to calc the area based on area border...

it's ok , but i was wondering is there any direct measurement, since ni can get the bounding box, why not give the real

area directly?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(3,317 Views)