LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CWT -time-scale-amplitude

Hi!

For someone with more wavelet/labview experience, this would be easy job .... how to present the scale-amplitude-time on waterfall diagram (See example - 3D Waterfall Plot to view Noise over time).

The example is given by the LabView's example - Breakdown Point Detection and applied on the regular signal (sine - 50Hz, amplitude +1/-1). From the literature, I should get the same graph ?!

Subquestion is maybe, how to convert 2D array to 1D array (scale/amplitude) and combine them with the time array ?! 

Thank you!

CWT-Wavelet-Waterfall.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,800 Views)

Hi VASCO-1,

sorry, I don't know how this thread stayed so long unnoticed. As I'm looking at your block diagram, you haven't connected the z matrix input of the "Plot Helper (Vector)". Could you please try connecting this? From what I can see, the outcome resembles the one on the picture in your block diagram.

Does this solves the issue?

Have a great day!

Best regards,
Jano
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,711 Views)

Hi Jan!

Thank You for Your hint, although the result is notthe sam as I have expected ... see the example from literature ....

I will ty to evaluate on other way as it is done ...

Could You recommend me some expert from the NI who is dealing with wavelet analysis ?!

Best regards from Slovenia,

Vasco

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,684 Views)

Hi Vasco,

I'm not completely sure what is the issue with the graph. Do you think that the CWT is incorrect, or that the actual graph is not showing right data?

Perhaps you might want to check the numbers through an independent calculations, if they don't seem right to you. I'm attaching a screen, that is quite similar to the one in your book.

Best regards,
Jano
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,677 Views)

Hi Jan!

Thank You for the fast reply and postd figure ... could You please post it in different (isometric) perspective to see the axis values ?!

The diagram is "double shadowed" ... what makes me a bit confused ...

Nice hint ... in the mean time, I have already begun independently check the solution to see if the results are OK ...

Best regards,

Vasilije

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,673 Views)