From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVS for image processing and adaptive filter

Hi my name is Alam, and now i'm working for my final project in my university.

My task is to set up a vision based tracking system. It use a single firewire camera to detect the presence of an object using some image processing algorithm that give an information about object coordinate position. I use this information as the input for Kalman Filter so that i can predict the object position for the next state of my system.

I just want to know if I can do that job using LabView and CVS 1454 ( because my supervisor order me to use it ). If it is possible I also want to know how can i send the information from the output of Kalman Filter through the RS232 port in CVS 1454?

I really need your answers because I'm really confused right now

Thx a lot
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,376 Views)
Alam,
Thank you for contacting National Instruments.  It sounds like an exciting project.  Yes you should be able to do this on the CVS.  You need to target the CVS when you create a new project in LabVIEW and then any code you develop on your host computer will be deployed to the CVS when you run it.  Serial Communication is also possible on the CVS.  You can use VISA (communication driver) to write and read serially.  I would look at the Basic Serial Write/Read examples in the example finder that is shipped with LabVIEW (also included a link to it below).  The only thing you need to make sure is that you have the IMAQ1394 driver, the NI Serial RT, and any of the toolkits or modules that may be referenced in your LabVIEW code installed on the CVS.  I have included a couple of helpful links about this.  Good luck.

Serial Communication Starting Point:

Serial Communication - Basic Serial Write and Read:

How Can I Install Serial Drivers for My Real-Time Controller?

Regards,
Mark T
Applications Engineering | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,355 Views)