From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRio 9014, 9116 and 9870 - serial write not working

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am trying to read string from the text file and write to the serial port on 9870. The string are being read fine, they are getting in the Write_FIFO, the wait on IRQ passes all the bytes to the serial port. BUT I am struck, because there is nothing coming out of the serial port. I tried using scope to see if there is any signal, but there was not any. I have attached the FPGA and Host side of the program for any quick suggestions.

Can some body please help? I will appreciate it a lot.

Thanks,

Ajay

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,395 Views)

Hi,

I talked to an NI help, and they suggested to try and work out the serial loopback example. I tried to implement that and at the end of the run, the execution drops no errors but i do see the timed out indicator going true for the read part of the program. I have tried everything i know of, I will appreciate any help. I have attached the FPGA and host programs if anybody wants to check it. The digital output channels were used just see if the sequence structure runs, and it does run fine.

Thanks,

Ajay

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,394 Views)

Hi Ajay,

Are you able to run the example serial loopback test as a stand alone application? I couldn't tell whether you were unsuccessful running the code as written in the example finder or whether you had tried to integrate the example into your own code.

Regards,

Kareem W.
National Instruments
Web Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,366 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sharda

Hi,

Yes I was able to get the things going as per my requirements. There was an issue with the DB9 connector not wired correctly and Blayne Kettlewell, ELP Engineer at National Instruments help tremendously getting that sorted out. We are in business.

Thanks,

Ajay

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,345 Views)