LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRIO FPGA Logging

I have CRIO-9039 FPGA where I put some of analog channel readings into FIFO.

How can I add timestamp information within the FPGA?

Windows PC is going to be running all the time( so do FPGA and RT) where user interface through NSV engine to tell FPGA to start logging.

Windows PC is where I think I will put my TDMS or Binary logging logic from FPGA FIFO? CRIO RT gives me deterministic timed loops but then I need to take care file transfer that I do not want to deal with. I also could publish FPGA readings to FIFO enabled NSV in RT and then read it in windows PC, not sure if there is any value in that method?

Any advice on the best architecture to handle FPGA data streaming to log in windows PC.

Already tried this but looking for alternatives:

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/54219/en/

I also could not login my CRIO from windows navigation toolbar, after typing its IP it asks for username password, admin and blank password or my user account password does not work. IE access file manager WebDAV access works, any idea? 

Thanks & Regards ,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,277 Views)

Hi sez,

Windows PC is where I think I will put my TDMS or Binary logging logic from FPGA FIFO?

If this is the case you should apply the timestamp at your host PC.

Any advice on the best architecture to handle FPGA data streaming to log in windows PC.

You can use a FPGA FIFO to transfer data from FPGA to the RT cRIO host. Then you could use network streams to send data from cRIO to your Windows PC.

All this is explained in example VIs and projects coming with LabVIEW.

I also could not login my CRIO from windows navigation toolbar, after typing its IP it asks for username password, admin and blank password … does not work.

So someone changed the admin password (as recommended) - you need to ask this person!

Why do you want to login?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,248 Views)

@Sez wrote:

My first advice is to stop using Network Published Shared Variables.  Use Network Streams and/or the TCP/IP functions to send data and messages between the PC and the cRIO.  If going the TCP route, I recommend using the STM library

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,237 Views)