LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRIO DHCP Renewal

Hi All

On a Windows machine it is possible to initiate a DHCP renewal using "ipconfig /renew"

Is there a CRIO-9074 RT equivalent with or without using LabVIEW? Or a means of accessing a routine within CRIO to adjust DHCP behaviour?

My problem (I think) is that CRIO, on a network with a DHCP Server, is failing to achieve configuration due to CISCO switch using Spanning Tree Protocol (STP).  When I switch this protocol off access to the Windows Server 2012 DHCP Server machine is achieved and DHCP configuration takes place.

I don't really want to rely on the network Switch having STP disabled to achieve DHCP configuration of my CRIO, so I would like to find out why its failing. On other Windows clients, DHCP works fine with or without STP being enabled on the Network Switches.

I am thinking a workaround (for now) could be to force CRIO to perform a DHCP again at the application level. There is no reason why it has to take place at bootup. And no reason why the application can't initiate it.

Anyone got any clues or ideas?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,231 Views)

Hi skol45uk,

My first thought was to access the command prompt on the remote system programmatically, however the 9074 runs VxWorks and not RT Linux.

It seems that for VxWorks and PharLap there is no way to receive a second IP address via DHCP as per this KnowledgeBase article:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000kFR9SAM&l=en-GB

I was unable to find any information which would suggest that the cRIO would not be able to connect with STP active, however this is an area I'm not overly familiar with I'll admit!

Mitch

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,201 Views)

Hi

So if I had an NI Linux based CRIO I could reinitiate a DHCP operation?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,174 Views)