LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRIO 9047 Updated Firmware by itself

Hi

I have been working on a CRIO 9047 and PC both running 19.5 firmware for months now.

However, this morning when I wanted to deploy I got the error that there was a driver missmatch and sure enough in MAX I see the firmware on the CRIO is now 20.0 or 20.5. The only thing I have done is restart the CRIO and leave it running the night over.

1. Is there any reason why it would update itself from 19.5? 

I try to downgrade the firmware on the CRIO but on my laptop it gives me the error "Something went wrong while getting the installed and available software. Miscelleaneous operation failure."

On another computer where this error does not occur I can only choose version 20.0 or above.

2. Is my only option to update Labview on everyone PCs and leave the CRIO to whatever it is doing?

My confusion is high, help much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,012 Views)

Did you recently install a new LabVIEW version on your computer? The compactRIO drivers can't coexist on the same machine just as any other drivers such as DAQmx, NI-VISA etc.

While I have never seen a cRIO chassis upgrade itself without explicit user action, installing new LabVIEW versions and/or compactRIO driver software certainly can give you some messy situation. Do you somewhere use the LabVIEW RAD tool in your application or the NI System Control functionality to reinstall images?

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(995 Views)

Hi Rolf

I definitely did not upgrade or install any updates to Labview on the HOST PC (Still listed as the same version I originally installed.) I installed 19.5 software on the CRIO a couple of months ago and have not touched the software on it since then.

You can see the software installed on the Host computer below.

jjacob95_1-1619527630782.png

In terms of software I do not have labview RAD tool installed and the program running on the CRIO is based on  "LabVIEW Real-Time Control on CompactRIO (RIO Scan Interface)" with some extended functionality of what is in that example. (So nothing fancy, just state machines and such)

I have been trying to remove and reinstall the software that was on the CRIO previously, but downloading, let us say, CompactRIO 19.5 and running that opens NI package manager, which tells me there is no action (Stuck in the first window of installing packages). If I try to install software through NI MAX, then the only option is the new 20.0 and above software.

Is my only action now to upgrade Labview on the computers so that it matches the software on the CRIO?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(963 Views)

@jjacob95 wrote:

Is my only action now to upgrade Labview on the computers so that it matches the software on the CRIO?

It shouldn't be.  You should be able to uninstall things on the cRIO side, then reinstall the correct matching version of your host.  I've never heard of this either and it sounds pretty crazy.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(948 Views)