LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRIO-9035

Hello

I am trying to use cRIO 9035.
I plugged in a USB A-to-B Cable to the PC, and I installed several modules to cRIO (NI-9269, NI-9211, NI-9263)
The PC only recognizes the cRIO and not the modules.
What should I do to "see" them?

I need to read the Analog Input data from the modules "on-line" in order to debug the VI I created.

Thanks in advance,

Yonatan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,416 Views)

Hi rivlin,

@rivlin wrote:

The PC only recognizes the cRIO and not the modules.
What should I do to "see" them?

Create a LabVIEW project with your cRIO as RT target. Then add the modules in the cRIO subtree of this project.

(As is explained in the cRIO basics tutorials provided by NI…)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,374 Views)

When you add a cRIO to a project (via the right click menu on the Project header, "New > Targets and Devices..." at the very top of the explorer - don't click on My Computer, that has a different menu for devices) then you have the option to add a "New" or "Existing" system.

If the system is physically connected, then choosing "Existing" should be able to scan for and find the existing device together with the C-Series modules.

You might still want to migrate them between e.g. RT and FPGA, but that's probably a topic for a different question (or a follow up here).

If you tried that already and you're sure it's not working, check the drivers you've installed - in my opinion the cRIO drivers/module driver installation can be a bit fiddly.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,364 Views)