LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU usage jumping to 100% for no obvious reason

@NIan1234 wrote:

Hi, could you solved the problem?

I don't have Npcap nor Wireshark installed on my pc. What should I do?

IIRC the problem went away by itself.

Peter
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 39
(1,186 Views)

@NIan1234 wrote:

I don't have Npcap nor Wireshark installed on my pc. What should I do?

Install Npcap and\or Wireshark.

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 39
(1,173 Views)

That's just... weird.  npcap is just a packet sniffer, and Wireshark just installs it.  It's hard to see how this would fix a 100% CPU spike.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 39
(1,152 Views)

I don't have Npcap or Wireshark either. I made a test: stop the NI PSP Service Locator and all of them stopped. When I started them again they did not take that amount of CPU usage. I am not completely sure if this could be the solution.

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 39
(1,148 Views)

@billko wrote:

That's just... weird.  npcap is just a packet sniffer, and Wireshark just installs it.  It's hard to see how this would fix a 100% CPU spike.

It won't.

But if there's a network problem causing the 100% CPU, it might show.

Earlier it was mentioned that npcap actually caused this problem. Uninstalling it fixed it. Vitrual machines, VPNs, etc. might also cause similar issues.

EDIT: My remark about installing it was off in the context of earlier remarks. It's Friday.

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 39
(1,143 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@billko wrote:

It won't.

Earlier it was mentioned that npcap actually caused this problem. Uninstalling it fixed it. Vitrual machines, VPNs, etc. might also cause similar issues.

LOL, I was thinking that the latest poster thought that installing it might somehow help, when actually they were just relaying the fact that they did not have it installed so that wasn't the problem.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 39
(1,135 Views)

I reseted the network, this restarts the computer. After that, it seemed to solved the problem. After a while we had to restart the computer, and guess what...the problem appeared again :c 

So, now I will try installing wireshark to see what happens

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 39
(1,134 Views)

Maybe there's something on your computer trying to "phone home" and sometimes it can't find "home" and the spike is caused by it hogging CPU cycles trying to find it.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 39
(1,131 Views)

@billko wrote:

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@billko wrote:

It won't.

LOL, I was thinking that the latest poster thought that installing it might somehow help, when actually they were just relaying the fact that they did not have it installed so that wasn't the problem.

Yes, me too.

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 39
(1,127 Views)