From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COPY PASTE ONE LV TO ANOTHER LV

I have TWO LV. Let's say LV-A and LV-B. They are similar but different. I want to DELETE ONE frame from LV-A and COPY ONE frame from LV-B. Can the frame I COPY from LV-B be PASTED on the DELETED frame from LV-A ? Is that POSSIBLE or do I have to DRAW the entire thing?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,818 Views)
You can only copy the image and, as you already know, you can only save one version backwords.

Message Edited by tst on 04-26-2005 07:04 PM

(2,813 Views)
As far as I can tell, copying and cutting in LabVIEW place the object copied or cut onto two separate clip-boards. If you then paste the object back into the SAME LabVIEW process, you use LabVIEW's clip-board and it pastes the object. If you instead past the object into ANYTHING ELSE, like a second LabVIEW process (different version, etc.) it pastes off of the system clip-board and pastes an image of the object. It also works this way if you have something on the clip-board and crash LabVIEW. When you reopen LabVIEW, you can only paste an image, not the objects, since it is a different LabVIEW process.

By the way, this is one way to really mess with your co-workers: paste some code images onto the diagram and ask for help debugging!

Bob
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,804 Views)
I like to mess with my co-workers, great idea Bob Y. I once had a screen saver that looked like the infamous NT blue screen of death. Sure got a good laugh when I showed my co-workers that I could "recover" by banging my fist on the desk (made the mouse move which made the screen saver go away).
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
Message 4 of 7
(2,800 Views)
If the two VIs are of the same version of LabVIEW, then yes, you can copy. Refer to the on-line help (copying> objects). When you say frame, I'm assuming you mean a frame of a sequence structure. Adding and deleting frames is also covered in the on-line help (Sequence Structures>adding frames).
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,799 Views)
When I try to Copy a FRAME from LV-A and PASTE it on LV-B. I get the word HELLO! appearing. I use COPY & PASTE FROM EDIT MENU. If I use the other method it just PASTE as a picture and I canot use it.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,775 Views)
Did you first select the object(s) you want to copy? When selected, the object(s) should be surrounded with a dashed border. Are you sure you're copying between the same versions of LabVIEW. You're again struggling with some of the simplest techniques. These are techniques covered in the beginning of all LabVIEW classes. It seems to me that you could have taken several of the FREE on-line tutorials in the time it's taken for you to post these types of questions and gotten an answer back.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,759 Views)