cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD exam Question

Solved!
Go to solution

@AleVS wrote:

thanks for the answer and yes, I already did the exam examples, actually, that's why I did this question because all of the solutions in the examples are state machines

Mind you, I wouldn't take those example solutions as a guide to how it's done. Last time I checked, the style was terrible. I hope they revised them, because as they where a few years ago, they shouldn't pass.

If you feel comfortable with a state machine, use a state machine.

Message 11 of 18
(1,032 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@AleVS wrote:

thanks for the answer and yes, I already did the exam examples, actually, that's why I did this question because all of the solutions in the examples are state machines

Mind you, I wouldn't take those example solutions as a guide to how it's done. Last time I checked, the style was terrible. I hope they revised them, because as they where a few years ago, they shouldn't pass.

Weibe,  every one of those example solutions is a tweaked version of a real Examinees passing submission.  They are not intended to show 40/40 and intentionally leave in find findable point deductions.

Discussions about those issues are some of the best threads on the certification board. 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(1,004 Views)

wiebe@CARYA

IMHO, State Machines don't play nice with Event Structures. And when you do make something to support Even Structures, you'd probably don't need a State Machine anymore, just a parallel loop executing commands in parallel. That's what a Producer Consumer pattern is.

Check out the JKI State Machine. IMHO, I could not live without an Event loop in a State Machine, Smiley LOL, handle UI events, and User Event based messaging.

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(990 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@AleVS wrote:

Weibe,  every one of those example solutions is a tweaked version of a real Examinees passing submission.  They are not intended to show 40/40 and intentionally leave in find findable point deductions.

Really? Those are real exams, and they passed?

I get that they don't show 40/40, but I'd grade 1/15 for style on most of them.

Not sure what would happen if e.g. math books showed example solutions that are 60% correct. To me, the example should preferably be at least "good".

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(965 Views)

@mcduff wrote:

wiebe@CARYA

IMHO, State Machines don't play nice with Event Structures. And when you do make something to support Even Structures, you'd probably don't need a State Machine anymore, just a parallel loop executing commands in parallel. That's what a Producer Consumer pattern is.

Check out the JKI State Machine. IMHO, I could not live without an Event loop in a State Machine, Smiley LOL, handle UI events, and User Event based messaging.

I did. I checked out every OSFA OOTB (one-size-fits-all out-of-the-box) solution. Not for me. I want the solution to be the simplest solution that does the trick. Not the fastest solution in the short run. But I get others who have other opinions about frameworks, templates and such.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(963 Views)

I don't think you can use the JKI state machine unless you build one from scratch?  (I don't think it's included with a standard LabVIEW install.)

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(935 Views)

@billko wrote:

I don't think you can use the JKI state machine unless you build one from scratch?  (I don't think it's included with a standard LabVIEW install.)

That is correct.  But there is a blog post on JKI's site that tells you how to make a "lightweight" version of it during the exam.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(927 Views)

@billko wrote:

It was just meant as an example of a State Machine and Event Structure that played well together. (See the earlier comments)

mcduff

Message 18 of 18
(925 Views)