LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD Practice Exam Review (Object Oriented Version)

I did the CLD sprinkler controller sample exam using objects. There are no plain subvis that are not part of a class.

Can someone comment and offer feedback?

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

Message 1 of 3
(2,358 Views)

Time-

Really, very nicely done!  Of course, a few hits-

I do not see how the "program" halts when entering "set-up" mode.  having just looked at it I may have missed something but, there are no comments to aid my inspection of this req. 

Clicking the Setup button during a run should immediately stop the controller and activate the Zone Setup array.

Whoops- I mis-spoke!  OK the VI info documents the function!  the lack of a "stop" method hurts a bit when there is a detailed start method. 

Generally the vi's are cleanly wired but this is unanticipated--

not quite.png

You would take a style hit for those wires. 

The Hierarchy view is bit too deep for the requirements. 

the main vi's icon is inconsistant.

OK - enough bad stuff-  Nicely done!  take the exam!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 2 of 3
(2,343 Views)
@Jeff Bohrer wrote:

Time-

Whoops- I mis-spoke!  OK the VI info documents the function!  the lack of a "stop" method hurts a bit when there is a detailed start method. 

You would take a style hit for those wires. 

The Hierarchy view is bit too deep for the requirements. 

the main vi's icon is inconsistant.

Thanks for looking at it!

You are right. An explicit stop method would probably be clearer.

I noticed the wires after I posted. It wasn't like that when I wrote it - really! What happened is that the bundle by name got wider when I renamed the properties by adding the units (Seconds). I will have to make sure not to do any renaming after the fact. As for the inconsistant main vi icon you are right. I probably should have given it a banner. But it is the only thing not part of the class so it would have to be a different color.

Another thing I neglected to do was to give the timer and controller classes distinctive wire apearances.

Thanks again. Now if I could do this in under four hours I will be fine. Well I could do the sprinkler controller in under four hours but who knows what NI will throw at me.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

Message 3 of 3
(2,336 Views)