LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD Exam Preparation

Hi Friends,

Could any one suggest me how should i prepare for CLD exam? Is there any good book to prepare CLD exam? How can i improve my programming concept to achieve CLD?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,878 Views)

I started studying for this myself recently. Have you looked at: https://lumen.ni.com/nicif/us/ekitcldexmprp/content.xhtml?

Message 2 of 11
(3,869 Views)

ya i know about this link. but i want to know about some different materials.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,865 Views)

Agree that if there are more resources, I'd like to know about them!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,853 Views)

There is this one. Do a search on the forums for "CLD sample review" and read the threads.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

Message 5 of 11
(3,846 Views)

Abhinav

The preparation guide, Pracitce exams, LabVIEW shipping examples and the training courses are all very good resouces.  I have to admit though that one thing I credit for personally achieving a broad base of experise (and my CLD) is participation on the Forums.  I learn new things here on a daily basis and am exposed to parts of the language that I might not run across in my daily work.  Often the views of experts expressed here and, the discussions spawned within many of the threads, get adapted into new and better thoughts and processes that I can apply to continually improve my own skills.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 6 of 11
(3,830 Views)

I totally agree with Jeff. I had been using LabVIEW for quite some time but not on a regular basis. I was not "doing it right" for the most part. I took the CLD about nine months ago and did not pass. I started getting heavily involved in the forums only after that. I took the exam again a few weeks ago and passed. I won't say it was easy but this time I was confident after the exam that I had passed. I give a lot of credit to the forums for that.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

Message 7 of 11
(3,819 Views)

Wow... I'm suprised that the forums have helped people so much the CLD exam, but I can understand why they are helpful. 

SteveChandler - 

What would you say were the biggest things you were not doing right that the rest of us should look out for?

Message 8 of 11
(3,815 Views)

On my first attempt I actually did very well in style and documentation. I think I only got one point for functionality. The application would run and you could stop it and it initialized correctly. I did implement a lot of the requirements in subvis but ran out of time to integrate those into the main vi. I was doing bottom up instead of top down development.

Probably the one biggest reason that I failed had to do with a particular LabVIEW feature that I had never used. I can not really say what that feature was because it is prohibited to talk about the content of the exam. But I probably wasted 45 minutes on one of the requirements. I was doing bottom up development. When I finally realized how much time had passed (it goes QUICK) I decided to come back to that feature. I started implementing other features but did not have time to tie it all together in the top level vi.

On my passing exam I spent 45 minutes figuring out how everything would fit together. I spent the first half of that 45 minutes just reading the requirements document until I had a very good idea of the overall application and what functions and data it needed. I first skimmed through the whole document then went back and read it more carefully paying particular attention to the areas that were initially unclear. I spent the second half of that 45 minutes creating the front panel and typedefs. That is very easy and I could think about how everything would fit together while I was working on that part.

Figure out what vis you need up front and how they will connect and communicate. Don't worry about how you will implement them. Just worry about what the data types are and what functions you need to perform on the data. Create all your subvis with the needed inputs and outputs, create icons for them, and create documentation for them. Connect everything together in your top level vi and then start implementing the functionality in your subvis. That is top down.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

Message 9 of 11
(3,802 Views)

Will LabVIEW Core 3 training help me to crack CLD? 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,792 Views)