LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLAD student

Hi

I would like to know whether the CLAD exam is conducted in 3 different levels (viz Student, Professional and Professor) just like the Labview Fundamental Exam. If yes, then I want to know if the difficutly level varies between the 3 exams.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,676 Views)

CLAD has only 1 level , like the fundamental exam...

it contains questions according to LV basics-1 & 2...

Vaibhav Gandhi
B.E. Instrumentation & Control,
INDIA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,660 Views)
CLAD contains only one level. You should have basics I and II taken and see here for faqs
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,657 Views)
Thanks for the reply guys. I have another problem. I have attempted the Fundamental exam and I am consistently getting 28( around 3 tests out of the 4 I have taken have been 28 and the 4th one has been 27). I am taking my CLAD exam this Monday and would like to have a few tips to improve my score.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,646 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,638 Views)
Thanks for the link muks. I just went through both of them and I scored 30 and 33 respectively. Though they are better than my scores in the Fundamental exam I feel I need to improve a tiny bit more so that I can comfortably pass through the CLAD (which has the pass % as 70 I suppose). By the way is the difficulty level of CLAD similar to these sample papers?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,611 Views)

The Fundamentals Exam is almost exactly like the CLAD exam.

If you can do well on the FE, the CLAD exam will be no problem for you.

Cory K
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,577 Views)
I was able to score around 28 in the FE and arnd 30 in the sample papers provided. So should I be very worried about passing the CLAD?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,563 Views)

In my opinion, yes, you are right to have some concerns about passing. Is there one particular area that you are having trouble with? Or has the wording of the questions gotten you confused? I can understand the latter.

On a side note, is there anyone with a CLAD that it has made a difference in getting a job? Where I work and at other places I've talked to, the CLAD is of no consequence.

Message 9 of 13
(3,535 Views)

Tips from my experience (note the CLAD logo below)

1) Do the practice exam- do the practice exam again- review the wrong answers and post any you still don't understand- we love those threads - PURE learning

2) Review the functions pallate (With Help on!)  For the pallates you don't use often READ the help and drop them on a BD wire 'em up and play with 'em untill you can name a use you WOULD use it for.  Pay close attention to structures, File IO, and Application control.

3) Review basic architecture: Know what makes a State Machine, Queued SM, FG, AE, Producer Loop and Consumer loop.

4) Review Charts and graphs - they get picked on. Know the components of the common controls (play with the properties dialog and know what the effects are.)

5) its LabVIEW not Labview so don't be afraid to have fun!

@Dennis- 

CLAD certification (or progress towards) is a requirement for my job function here because it aids sales.  It was passively DISCOURAGED at a former employer however, That same companies head-hunters(and others) have been in contact with me for consulting / Contract opportunities BECAUSE my name is listed on the NI CLAD page. 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 10 of 13
(3,518 Views)