From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLAD sample exam - windows dialog button mimic

@Matthew_Kelton wrote:

You do realize the PDFs you posted have the solutions at the end?

They give different answers. 😞

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(754 Views)

The answer is Latch When Released.

Can you tell which of those tests is older?  The newer test probably corrected the answer.

I think the one with question 31 is the newer test and was corrected compared to the other for 2 reasons.

1.  It gives an accurate description as to why that is the answer.  And the explanation makes sense.

2.  The one pdf looks older.  It uses Times New Roman as a font which most people don't use anymore.  The one with question 31 uses an Arial or some other sans serif type of font which is much more common and updated looking in at least the past 10-15 years.  If not longer.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(749 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

The answer is Latch When Released.

Can you tell which of those tests is older?  The newer test probably corrected the answer.

I think the one with question 31 is the newer test and was corrected compared to the other for 2 reasons.

1.  It gives an accurate description as to why that is the answer.  And the explanation makes sense.

2.  The one pdf looks older.  It uses Times New Roman as a font which most people don't use anymore.  The one with question 31 uses an Arial or some other sans serif type of font which is much more common and updated looking in at least the past 10-15 years.  If not longer.

According to the pdf properties, CLAD-Sample Exam 2b was created in 2012 by Zaki Chasmawala, the other pdf was in 2008 by NI.

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(746 Views)

Sorry,  didn't look at the specific question.

The problem is that the explanation isn't very good at justifying one over the other.  Both answers work in the basic way the majority of the description explains.  The boolean value isn't seen as changed until the user releases the mouse button.

However, one thing in the explanation is not 100% for the answer he gave.  The button in either case does not return to its original value on its own.  For a latched button, you must read the control value for it to reset.  For a switched button, you have to set the button value to reset it.

I still agree that latched when released is the proper answer.  LabVIEW uses this action for their dialog buttons.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(735 Views)
Hello,
I think the correct answer is: Latch When Released.
I create the Display Message in a While loop and when I press an OK button of windows dialog, the loop stops also the mechanical action of stop button while loop is Latch When Relased by default.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(282 Views)

@Marwen001 wrote:
... I create the Display Message in a While loop and when I press an OK button of windows dialog, the loop stops also the mechanical action of stop button while loop is Latch When Relased by default.

Your description is not clear at all, and this is an ancient thread. Sorry, no idea what you are saying here.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(264 Views)

I agreed, I also use "Latch When Released".

I think the person who release the exam is not the guy who is source developer.

or maybe the exam never develop since labview 4.

please set this as ANSWER or KUDO this post, if it help you.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(241 Views)