From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLAD sample exam 1

Ben wrote:

And now that you have all agreed with answer "c" think about what the answer is if we have Iteration Parallelism enabled where the order of each iteration is not guarenteed. If you put an indicator on the FP of a loop run parallel, then "i" terminal will flash the interations in random order.

If you have not passed the CLAd yet, forget everything I said. Smiley Surprised

Ben

There comes the third dimension ive been waiting for.:smileyvery-happy:

And seriuosly put a disclamer in the thread subject saying please dont go through this thread before your exams.

Message 21 of 55
(1,066 Views)

I think NI is just using the "start counting at 0" concept. Another thing that is tested on the exam is that Arrays start at 0 , so the first element in the Array is in position 0, Element 5 is in position 4

Alan 

CLAD

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 55
(1,055 Views)

ThHagel wrote:

Hello Denis,

your right!

The iteration terminal will return 0, because for the moment it returns that value the loop has been never executed before. This is what the iteration terminal tells you right at the beginning of your first and only loop iteration: "this loop has been executed 0 times before" (answer a).

hmm. I'm sorry. From my point of view, your example supports my opinion.

Now I don't want anybody to be upset about me being so insistent. 

Trust me, I really know how the iteration terminal works. It's not about it's functionality in general, it's more about that stupid question that probably leads to multiple possible answers. I always try to read and understand such exam question as precise as possible and with this one I got into that problem.

I hope that question will not appear in the real exam, because I will mark a as the correct answer. Even if I know they want to here c.

Thanks to all of you for your posts!

Regards,

Thomas 

Your arguement just makes no sense to me. Sorry, but you are overthinking this way too much. It does not return 0 because the loop has not executed before. It returns 0 because the count starts at 0 and not at 1.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 55
(1,037 Views)

... Here is my last try ( I promise 🙂 to explain my point of view. Please check out the attached vi.

Greetings and thanks,

Thomas

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 55
(1,027 Views)
Thank you. That proves my point. The count displayed is always one less than the total number of times the loop iterates.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 55
(1,022 Views)
what are your answers?
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 55
(1,032 Views)

0,1, 2, etc.

Message 27 of 55
(1,007 Views)

Many of these CLAD complaints are certainly valid but you have to remember that NI has to create dozens of versions of a test that covers essentially the same basic material.  It would be too easy to cheat if there were only a couple variations of the test.  In their effort to word essentially the same question in different ways they almost seem to be purposefully obfuscating the question but I don't think that is their intent.

As others have mentioned, you need to provide the expected answer, even if it seems somewhat illogical to you. 

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
Message 28 of 55
(995 Views)

Hi Dennis,

I placed some questions on the LastTry.vi frontpanel.

My plan was to make my point of view clear by making you answer them (I expected this to be the ultimate way to reach my target).

It's kind of funny that I again achieved the opposite.   Smiley Tongue

I really appreciate your patience. So if you have some left, please try to answer those questions on the vi's frontpanel.

OK. This is not a very serious subject to me (I'm sure I will not fail the exam, even if I'm wrong here). I was just curious about your opinions.

Have a nice weekend,

Thomas

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 55
(979 Views)

Ok.  So READ the test instructions.  They do not say "Select only correct statements", instead they say "select the most correct Answer" C is the most correct answer as it most closely meet observable model of operation. but suffers from flaws.

1. The iteration terminal returns before loop completion hence there is no direct relation to loop executions and iteration value at any instant.  We assume the value at the end of the structure just as in any code module.  Your argument that itrelates to number of times started is moot as no distractor discusses loop start and can you state with certanty the timing from start of loop to iteration increment? No.
  2. Special case N=0 i=0- run the example to convince youself that the wire out of the loop is filled with the default data for the U32 type when the loop does not execute.  Turn on hightlighting- Of course the tunnel returns the 0 not the i as i does not execute.
  3. Special Parrallel Loop. (was not available when the test was developed) 
So a definitive statement could be made the i returns the current interation.  Not a distractor available- select c
Message Edited by Jeff Bohrer on 03-26-2010 11:30 AM

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 55
(980 Views)