From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIP Data Array

Solved!
Go to solution

I have managed to read and write arrays of data from a tag base PLC, with CIP TG READ Function, but when it comes to a structure of data I get lost. I have a global variable Process_Position_Data   an array with three element (BCD Data), has a structure, StInData of 20 members. Since my structure has 20 tags, beside my global variable, should I index individual tags from structure before feeding in to CIP function Read Tag, (two For loops one reading columns other rows), or after receiving output data. I am confuse, need help. Any body can give me an idea would help and will be appreciated.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,912 Views)

I don't have much experience with the Ethernet I/P driver, but you might have more luck posting on the Industrial Communications forum.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Industrial-Communications/bd-p/260

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,855 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author interedo

I think you don't need to index them before feeding to tag API. Let me know if you encounter any failures.

Wendy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,837 Views)