LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN driver installation with Labview 2023 Q1

Hello,

This is my first forum post. 

I would like to receive CAN messages from a CSM CAN MiniModule that is connected via Vector VN1610 USB/CAN interface.

Searching the web and forum I found the great work and documentation from TroyK and Hooovahh in regards of using Vector HW with Labview.

I downloaded the All CAN Package from Hooovahhs Blog and it states that the hooovahh_can_drivers are missing. Also downloaded CAN Drivers 1.0.1.7 and try to install it. But somehow it seems that it is not installed.

Using Labview 2023 Q1 32-bit and 2022 Q3 64-bit.

Does anyone faced same issues?

I would be happy about any feedback or help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(862 Views)

Here is a link to download the latest XL Driver Library from Vector:

https://www.vector.com/int/en/download/xl-driver-library-203014/

It contains the vxlapi.dll

I haven't tested the wrapper library with that version though and I can't seem to find where to download old versions of the driver library.

Is that what you're after?

Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(823 Views)

Thank you.

I already installed the latest version of Vector and Vector HW is detected correctly. 

When I use the Vector Example CAN Read and Write.vi from Vector XL LV2018 v3 it can read the CAN messages.

However, I would like to try Hooovahhs solution as well and install the VIs via VIPM.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(808 Views)