cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN Write Error BFF62008

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

I keep running into error BFF62008 on a piece of code that is automatically generated by the LabView SIT manager.

2011-05-04_100647.png

The CAN write mode is already set to "Output Recent". What is wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,565 Views)

How many CAN controllers are on the CAN bus ?

You need at least 2 controller on a CAN bus for the NI-CAN controller to be able to transmit any messages that is in write queue in the NI-CAN controller.

If you do not have any other CAN controllers on the network, NI-CAN can't transmit any messages on the bus, and therefore not emptying the write queue.

You are somehow continuing to put new messages in the write queue, without the CAN controller being able to send out any messages. That will result in this error you see.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,561 Views)

Hum... just want to make sure I understand you correctly.

You are saying that, on top of my NI-CAN card, I need another CAN device on the bus for this to work? In other words, I can't just get the NI-CAN card to broadcast messages without some other device receiving it?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,559 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bladhart

True, there needs to be at least one other CAN controller on the CAN bus to verify to the sender that the message is send out on the bus correct.  If there is no other CAN controller on the bus, your NI-CAN controller will try to send the same CAN message over and over, until some verifies that it has been send out correct.

The verification of the CAN messages correctness is done internally in most CAN controllers as part of the CAN bus standard.

Message 4 of 4
(2,547 Views)