LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN Error 0x01800: Client handel is invalid

Hello, I am working with CAN and DAQ hardware where the following problem is happening:

The DAQ hardware wouldn't work with Labview 2015 32 bit version so I found out that I could work with them with the 2016 64 bit version

When using the 2016 64 bit program the following error happens: 0x01800 CAN_ERR_ILLCLIENT which wasn't a problem in the 32 bit version

I installed the 2016 32 bit version but only the CAN part works, not the DAQ one..

I have to say that the computer I'm working with cannot be connected to internet, I'm only able to transfer archives from my laptop.

When using the 32 bit version I get the error that Driver support is needed, but I tried other drivers and the problem was the same.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,044 Views)

What hardware are you using for the DAQ and the CAN?  That will help clear up what is supported by what versions of what.  Also you should post your code if you can.  Is it possible you are closing a reference, or making a reference in a shift register go invalid?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,033 Views)

I put the photos of the hardware that I'm using. For CAN the functions are very basic, like READ, WRITE.

One of the problems that I didn't mention is that in the 32 bit version I used the PCAN_USB.dll library which cannot be used in the 64 bit version, where I'm using PCANBasic.dll

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,023 Views)

Yeah as far as I know PCAN is 32 bit only.  I've never personally used these, but you might want to contact the manufacturer if you want to use it on 64 bit.  As for the DAQ that is just a connector block not the DAQ card.  Still with that DAQ card I'm fairly sure you are using the DAQmx drivers.  You can use this chart to figure out what versions are compatible with your version of LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,009 Views)

I'll try to try install different drivers to make it work. Thanks!!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,003 Views)

Just a question, I am thinking about the problem. The drivers are installed in the computer so, the LabView versions compatible with the drivers should be able to use them right? 

I am saying this bc in the NI Package Manager I repaired the 19.6 NI DAQMx Drivers, and if the labview 2016 64 bit version is using those drivers, then the 32 bit version should be able to right?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(968 Views)

If you have LabVIEW installed (32, or 64, or both), and then you installed DAQmx, or repaired it, then LabVIEW will have the DAQmx palette installed, and you can use the DAQmx functions.  Yes version 19.6 of DAQmx should work for LabVIEW 2016.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(961 Views)