From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN Communication with cRIO

Hello,

I have a chassis with 3 CAN boards-NI 9286. Right now, I am trying to setup the CAN communication in Veristand. In Veristand, I have manually added a XNET CAN port, a .dbc file and a blank FPGA target bitfile in 986x Support. 

But when I deployed the project, I received the following error:

The VeriStand Gateway encountered an error while deploying the System Definition file.

Details:
Error -61200 occurred at Project Window.lvlib:Project Window.vi >> Project Window.lvlib:Command Loop.vi >> NI_VS Workspace ExecutionAPI.lvlib:NI VeriStand - Connect to System.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW FPGA: The operation could not be performed because the FPGA is busy operating in FPGA Interface C API mode. Stop all activities on the FPGA before requesting this operation.

Does anyone know how to stop all activities on the FPGA?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,998 Views)

Hi Jian,

NI doesn''t know any "9286" modules…

- A blank FPGA bitfile will not serve you well!

- Which cRIO do you use?

- Which modules do you use?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,989 Views)

Hi GerdW,

I was following the procedure '4. Configure the NI VeriStand Engine and Project with NI-XNET' in http://www.ni.com/tutorial/14706/en/. Right now, I am trying to get the CAN communication work. Will the blank FPGA bitfile be the problem?

I am using a cRIO-9082 with 3 NI 9862, 1 NI 9205 and 3 NI9401. 

Thanks.

Jian

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,982 Views)

So you have made the LabVIEW project as described ?

And build a bit file, NOT deployed, in that project based on a vi added under the FPGA ?

Show us your project and what you have done.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,962 Views)