LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C-More (Automation Direct)

Hi,
My new project involves a PXI system using LabView RT. We'd like to use an Automation Direct C-More Touchpanel as an interface. I've used one before with an AB Compactlogix PLC. Has anyone ever tried this before? The C-More lists many protocols that can be used including Modicon Modbus TCP/IP Ethernet. I have used Modbus before with Labview with no problems.  Awhile back I know I stumbled upon something regarding using this type of interface but of course I cannot find it again!
Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,714 Views)

task,

I am unfamiliar with that touchpanel, but you should be able to use Modbus without too many difficulties.  With the RT module installed, you should be able to use the Modbus I/O Server to talk to your device.  If you have the LabVIEW Datalogging and Supervisory Control (DSC) module, the process can be simplified by linking Modbus register values to shared variables, although this is not required.

You might find the free Modbus LabVIEW Library helpful in your application as well.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,675 Views)
Thanks for the response. Hopefully I'll get try the communication process today or tomorrow. Buying another module for this project is really not an option so hopefully I can get it to work with the RT stuff. I will post my results after I've had time to investigate.
Thanks again,
Task
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,642 Views)