LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Button/Boolean mouse hover not working on 64 Bit LabVIEW

Hello everyone,

As an update for all of you. I spoke about this behavior with some of our LabVIEW Product Support Engineers, and we decided to go ahead and file the CAR #718053 to address this issue. While we still are not able to consistently reproduce it, it is clear it is not an isolated case as many of you have experienced it.

Thank you all for helping us make LabVIEW better!

Message 21 of 66
(4,952 Views)

Hi oscarfonseca,

thank you very much. Good to know that this strange bug is on the list now.

I write LabVIEW apps in my company and a few colleagues have told me, that it looks like the button is a switch. Even though it is latching when released. So I recompiled my apps in 32 bits for now, as this visual bug may lead to confusing the user.

Kind Regards,

Milad

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 66
(4,946 Views)

So glad I found this thread this was driving me crazy. 

I have the same problem on Labview 64 bit and I could not understand why my .EXE application was fine but when editing/testing the Vi my buttons were acting strange. 

I had the applciation built for a 32 bit computer that's why.. 

Message 23 of 66
(4,903 Views)
Hi,
Is this bug addressed yet? any patch available?
Message 24 of 66
(4,860 Views)

I am also experiencing this bug. I am running LV2018 64bit. The hover effect does not work. Are there any updates? 

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 66
(4,772 Views)

I can confirm that this bug also manifests itself in the recent LabVIEW 2019 (64-bit, of course). First time, when I was making a fresh VI, I did not see the issue, but after I have saved the VI and relaunched LabVIEW, I saw it immediately. BTW affects NXG controls as well.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 66
(4,752 Views)

I did see this in my own applications a few times now.

It starts happening for some reason, and then seems to happen for every new Boolean as well. But I did make it 'work' again, but I have no idea how. It seems rather random... My first observation was that it happened globally, for all Booleans, but at some point some instances worked correctly, while others failed.

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 66
(4,721 Views)

This drives me mad. Can someone from NI update status on this issue? How can I release application which woks like this?
Is there a way to officially report a bug?

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 66
(4,651 Views)

You can release it as a 32-bit executable - if you don't need 64-bit memory space, and you either don't have dlls, or the dlls have 32-bit counterparts installed/included.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 66
(4,646 Views)

@Zyga wrote:

This drives me mad. Can someone from NI update status on this issue? How can I release application which woks like this?
Is there a way to officially report a bug?

Did you notice that in a post above that it was already reported as a bug and assigned a CAR#?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 66
(4,643 Views)