LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ButterWorth Filter FPGA d'ont work with Cuttoff frequency less then 50mHz !!!

What about IIR filter which work perfectly  ! how can i use it in FPGA i'am looking for solution here ! if you understand what do you sugess !!

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 21
(1,083 Views)

Someone from NI may need to join in on this message thread and comment.  I looked at that Express VI.  Interesting thing is that I can't do Altenbach's recommendation of looking into the Express VI.  It seems to have a different shortcut menu than other Express VI's and I can't do an Open Front Panel to turn it into regular LabVIEW Vi's to poke around in.

I think he has a point about the scaling factor between those numbers.  I tried entering 50 mHz in the Express VI and saw that the sample graph went empty.  I decreased the sampling rate to 5 KHz.and the line came back.  Than decreased the filter to 5 mHz and it went away again.  It seems that the ratio of sampling rate to frequence has to be about 145,000:1 or smaller (based on a few data points I checked) for the line to show up in the Express VI.  Probably a limitation built into the express vi so that it can work on the FPGA.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 21
(1,065 Views)

OK, I have to ask, your frequency band is 2 milliHertz to 10 milliHertz. Is this correct milli (10^-3)? Or do you mean MegaHertz (10^6) or kilo (10^3).

You won't be able to sample much at mHz freqs but MHz is more realistic physical value.

Rich J

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 21
(1,054 Views)

mHz means (10e-3)  physicaly i want to have big constant filter Taux.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21
(1,046 Views)

Tau - time constant. T=RC=1/2pi*fc = at 50mHz makes tau a big big number. OK.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 21
(1,028 Views)

No Sorry . is not enough for my physicaly system.

i wana to have Tau=10s;50s;150s

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21
(1,019 Views)

Then you will need to lower your sampling rate.

At 1 kHz, 150 seconds is 150,000 samples.  That seems like a lot of data for an FPGA to handle.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 21
(1,017 Views)

someone can explain Why when i put 

cutooffrequency = 50mHz

sample rate = 50k S/s  physicaly i obtain Cutoff frequency = 0.11Hz  !!!!!!!! when i wana to lower physically cutof frequency what should i do ?!!!

i don't understand anything with butterworth filtre configuration. thanks for help.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 21
(1,003 Views)

I think some of the early comments about posting your code would be good!  Let us take a crack at it!

-Bear

Regards,

Ben Johnson
ʕง•ᴥ•ʔง
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 21
(964 Views)

the code its very simple, its enough to use filtre butterworth bloc in the "FPGA math" library of labview. with PXI7841R. the code contain 2 loops :

1**the First loop (loopSCTL) to generate square signal.

2** the second its to do the task of filtration and see the filtred signal. 

as its mentionned in the figure linked here.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(953 Views)