LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Burglar Alarm System Design?

Hi I am looking for a Burglar Alarm System program on Labview, I have found this one example however it is missing a Sub Vi named Arm.vi

Any help would be greatly appreciated if anyone has any programs or could work out how to get this one running. I am no expert on Labview so need loads of help.

Thank You

EDIT: Link removed

Message Edited by Support on 11-04-2009 08:39 AM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(5,832 Views)

The "Arm.vi" sub-vi is the heart of the program! The rest is just a rather messy wiring of the "entry" switches. Not sure why the "panic" button is set to stop the program, they usually set off the alarm. Judging from what is in the vi you supplied (apparently a school project) the "Arm.vi" allows the user to enter a "security code" from the keypad, waits some time after that, then starts monitoring the status of the "entry switches". If you have LabVIEW I would suggest making a simple program that loops at a specific rate (use a timed loop if available (I think it is only in the Full Dev package), otherwise a loop with a "wait (ms)" function set to a reasonable time (don't need to scan too fast, once every 200mS is More than fast enough I would think), and if it detects a "breech" sets a latched boolean (shift registers can be used to latch a boolean).  Give it a try, it is the way you grow to be "an expert at LabVIEW". It is unlikely that you will get a complete solution here, but if specific, incremental questions are asked you probably will.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

Message 2 of 17
(5,822 Views)
Message Edited by aeastet on 10-20-2009 10:30 AM
Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(5,820 Views)

Is this for a school project?

If so, you can ask for help and learn how to program LabVIEW, which is likely the purpose of the project.

The first step would be to define the requirements. 

Define all your inputs & outputs (including events).

Then select the code architecture best suited to meet the requirements.

That's when you start coding from scratch.  It will be a lot faster and beneficia than copying bad code.

Message 4 of 17
(5,802 Views)

Rays comments are valid even if this isn't a school project! This (LabVIEW) is a wonderful skill to learn, has been increasing in popularity and useage in industry the entire 17 years I have been using it.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

Message 5 of 17
(5,780 Views)

hi,

Can you send me the Arm.vi is not included... while running the program is showing error as subvi is missing\???

Regards,
N. Srinivasan
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(5,767 Views)

Mail to the owner & try to get it.

EDIT: email address removed

Message Edited by Support on 11-02-2009 08:40 AM
- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(5,763 Views)

Hi Anthony6035,

Thank you for contacting National Instruments. I think you should be able to find the vi arm.vi at the address I've linked below.  LabVIEW is a great language to learn and is used in a huge variety of different industries, I wish that I'd had the option to learn it when I was at school. 

If you are interested in learning LabVIEW there are some really good resources that I have linked here. I would recommend looking at them and seeing how you get on. You may need to register on the website to access this page but it is worth it as the number of resources is huge. I would also recommend looking here at some of the case studies which give a good idea of just how diverse a career with LabVIEW can be.

Learn LabVIEW

I wish you well with your project.

Many thanks,

Message Edited by Support on 11-02-2009 08:39 AM
Andrew McLennan
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 8 of 17
(5,743 Views)

Common sense prevails! Smiley Happy

Instead, I could only show the circuitous route to get it. Smiley Sad

EDIT: link removed

Message Edited by Support on 11-03-2009 08:33 AM
- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(5,740 Views)

Thank you all for replying you have been so much help to me. This isn't a school project just a bit of fun so I am glad I got the arm.vi but I think I will now go on to try and build by own system to try and improve my knowledge of labview. I have previously built a traffic light system and pH level controller system but have so much yet to learn. Thank you all for your help and if I get stuck in the future i'm sure I will be in touch.

Thank you

Message Edited by Support on 11-04-2009 08:40 AM
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(5,732 Views)