From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Built executable does not run - Dialog: VI has an error of type 4A348

I have an application that runs fine in development and successfully builds.  However, when I run the built executable, I get the following dialog along with a broken arrow:  "The VI is not executable.  The full development version of LabVIEW is required to fix the errors.VI has an error of type 4A348.  The full development version of LabVIEW is required to fix the errors."

I'm using LabVIEW 2015 (64 bit) on Windows 7.  The application is very large, and we are using OOP, including Actor Framework.  I have the following selected under "Additional Exclusions" in the build spec:

- Remove Unused Members of project libraries

- Modify project library file after removing unused members

I cannot successfully build with these options unchecked because there are some broken VIs in some very large libraries that we use.  I have also tried building with debugging enabled, and that does not change the result.

We have had issues in the past with our builds that we have solved by adding libraries or classes to the "Always Included" group in the build spec under "Source Files".  Our assumption for one situation was that there was a library that contained a class that was not being used in the application, so it was being removed from the library.  However, this class was a child of a parent class being used that had methods that were must overrides.  When the child class was removed, the VIs in the class hierarchy became broken.

We think that this may be another situation like that, but haven't been able to find anything.  I also haven't been able to track down what "error of type 4A348" means.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks!

Ryan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,768 Views)

Do you have a LabVIEW 32-bit installation available to you?  LabVIEW 64-bit is definitely "getting better", but it is my impression (I admit I've never used it) that "not everything" is 64-bit ready.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,711 Views)

Hi Bob,

Yes, I have the LabVIEW 32-bit version also installed.

-Ryan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,709 Views)

Hopefully this might help someone (like myself, yesterday) who found this post looking for an answer: I observed this issue, and fixed it by upgrading one of my runtimes (DAQmx Runtime 15.X -> DAQmx Runtime 17.X).

CO

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,321 Views)